Sunnyvale Oct 01, 2019. Sentry officially became an Associate member of The Monitoring Association.
TMA membership is an effective way to enhance Sentry AI brand and product awareness within more than 300 members including major monitoring centers and nationwide. In addition, Sentry AI take this opportunity to to collaborate with other Security technology providers and software vendors to improve the operational efficiency of monitoring industry. We look forward to being a member of TMA’s Video and Surveillance Committee, Technology Committee and Emerging Technology Standards subcommittee to contribute
As first activity as a member, Sentry AI will attend TMA Annual meeting at Napa, CA from Oct 12 – Oct 17.
The Monitoring Association (TMA), formerly the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA), is an internationally-recognized non-profit trade association that represents professional monitoring companies. Incorporated in 1950, TMA represents its members before Congress and regulatory agencies on the local, state and federal levels, and other authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) over the industry.
Since its founding in 1950, TMA has worked to foster and improve relations between its members and various related groups–law enforcement and fire officials, the insurance industry, equipment suppliers and government/regulatory agencies.
Some of TMA’s major goals are:
- false alarm reduction,
- the development of industry standards to assure optimum central station performance levels,
- and the enactment of telecommunications laws and regulations that promote fair competition.
In addition, TMA recognizes other goals essential to the well-being of its members, including, but not limited to:
- Working with law enforcement, fire and insurance industry officials;
- Working with and serving on National Fire Protection Association committees;
- Involving TMA with the Alarm Industry Communications Com